So, Lent. A season when one's God is expected to fill the place of food, drink, online social circles, or other activities that would otherwise take much time and energy. The deprivation is intended to remind one of their deprivation from God, and in looking to Him find that He is what is truly needed after all.
Today's scripture is Psalm 100. "What are some of the things this passage shares about God, His work, character, and purposes?"
This is a healing passage - one which promises God's goodness, kindness, and faithfulness. All characteristics of God I have questioned over the years. And here it is, plain as day, reassuring that Yes, God is good. His love is forever and His faithfulness does not grow weary and expire (paraphrasing). He is good, and He is God. He gave to each one life and breath, and He is our shepherd. I appreciate that allusion - that I can trust and follow Him and He will protect His flock. Psalm 23 is linked here - We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.
Therefore, everything I am, I am because of God, because He made me and gave me this life to live. It has not been easy, but even so I see His work in my life. Through losing two babies, I was never alone. In struggling with a husband who does not want God, I am strengthened in my resolve and devotion to Him. Because He is near. Because He is kind and loving. Because He is God. He is God of me. His love is forever and His faithfulness will not grow weary.
Believe, heart. Soak in truth. Trust. Love. He is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment