It's just that You expect me to trust an infallible God in a fallible world. How can I understand perfection when all I have known on this earth is imperfect? I know what to say and can argue with myself. I know I'm measuring God by this world instead of holding my experiences up to God and letting Him be my definition and explanation. Instead of letting His healing overwhelm my pain, I expect my hurt to disprove His existence. I know, I am ridiculous.
But my argument is empty, my faith shallow, and my hope shaky. I hear of others' pain and say "See, God? I knew it! I knew You would fail us." Then I read the person's blog and find a faith so great that even through tremendous pain, God is her joy and comfort. That is what I want for us. I yearn for this depth of love. I want to trust Your goodness.
God, I believe. Help my unbelief.
26/365
No comments:
Post a Comment